Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Polish cuisines

Hi all, this is my first post on my first ever blog so I thought I'd keep the topic simple by making it about something close to me. Many of you are probably not so much familiar with the country of Poland or Polish cuisine for that matter right?
Well then I feel sorry for a lot of people because they are missing out on a world of good food. But never fear, this is what this blog or well, at least this first entry here is for. I'll see how it all goes from here. You'll to know at least some really good Polish food upon reading what I have to say lets get started then shall we?

Polish cuisine in general is rather meaty based, so although vegetarians will find their place here and be able to eat out as much as they like without the discomfort of only having meat dishes to choose from, the country really is a carnivores paradise with chicken, pork, beef and turkey coming in so many tasty forms.

Poles are also big fans of bread and potatoes, its their staple ingredient, sort of like what rice is for the Chinese. You can eat potatoes with almost any traditional dish and if not then you usually eat it with bread instead.

Poland used to be a very agricultural country and when compared to the West nowadays still is. There is so much you can grow here from all sorts of vegetables to fruits to corn, animals are bred in Poland too. Only tropical and rather exotic foods are imported but when it comes to common everyday foods in Poland, you can be sure what you're eating is of good home grown quality and will be fresh.
Personally, I love to go down to the farmers market whenever I can to see what people have to offer there. Its usually so much more interesting than shopping at the supermarket.

Well that's just a rough introductory view of what Poland has to offer in terms of view. I'll be sure to add some more when I can. I hope you'll like and I can't wait to get writing again.


No comments:

Post a Comment